I’m linking up with Freshly Pieced for WIP Wednesday again.
1. Baby J’s Christmas Stocking: With all the drama between Baby J arriving and his surgery, I am sad to say that I didn’t get to sewing his Christmas Stocking in time for Christmas 😦 So I am working on it each time I work on my “not so last minute Christmas” BOM. Here are the strips all sewn together….
2. Superbowl Medallion:
I couldn’t resist this one from quilting.about.com …. in fact I went a little further and cut 4 blocks instead of one… they finish at 24 inches so with multiple borders I plan to turn these into a king sized quilt. Here is my block partially sewn and laid out.
I store my projects in these 12 x 12 scrapbooking project cases with labels so that I can pull them out at work on them when I feel like it in between other projects 🙂
1. Hearts Table Runner/Placemats –
I have all the blocks sewn together, and now have started with the sashing. Once Quilted I will cut this “quilt” apart to give 9 placemats and one table runner. This is my goal project for A Lovely Year of Finishes, which I am linking up to… I WILL have these finished by the end of February and if I am lucky…. maybe even valentines day 🙂
2. Bright Stars QAL Still moving slowly as leaders/enders when I am working on other things, but I have moved on to this part now 🙂
3. Hip to be Square challenge
I will not be getting this complete by the deadline 😦 I have made progress with all 42 blocks complete and with borders…. it was going to be a “Minecraft inspired” quilt for Big J for his bed…. however when he came to help with the layout it seems that he is more particular about color and pattern choice than I first thought; I had taken out the pink and any really obvious feminine prints but it seems that he wasn’t as sure about that being okay as I was lol! So… I will add some pink (as I already have one block completed which I took out before) and expand it to a square 7 x 7 quilt with borders maybe for A’s queen bed or even a large picnic blanket.
4. Half Hearted Quilt:
I took this with me along with my featherweight on our recent trip to San Diego and managed to get 3 out of the 4 top triangles sewn on.
The first blocks are complete 🙂 All ready for the next set of directions due Monday.
6. NYD Mystery Quilt – no progress.
Completed: Linking up to TGIFF
1. Customer Pinwheel Quilt … All done!
2. Mustache Quilt
This was a quilt that I put together for a friends son who turned 1. They had a “little man” themed birthday party. I cut the mustaches from my own design with my Silhouette Cameo and followed this video tutorial for the 3D bow tie blocks. I quilted it with a dense meander on the stripes leaving the bow ties to “puff up”, the mustaches were quilted with a spiral type quilting and the border I quilted all pebbles with his name on two sides.
Thanks for looking!