Linking up to “Freshly Pieced” for WIP Wednesday!
- NEW PROJECTS: 3
- WIP’s: 3
- UFO’s: 9
- FLIMSIES: 2
- FINISHES: 7
- Frivols #2 – not sure I LOVE this months project, but I figured its good to put it together anyway 🙂 I am using these projects as leader/enders while working on the kids new quilts. I am surprised at how fast they come together when you aren’t really trying lol!
2. Little M’s Quilt – Her absolute FAVORITE color is yellow! This is a stack n whack quilt I am putting together from a yellow/orange fabric that had red flowers. I sewed the flower fabric to the red bee fabric before cutting the triangles. The background was supposed to be an off
white but the quilt was reading “too red” and so I switched to a yellow background. I am trying to use up my stash instead of buy more where I can so I opted for this fun yellow for a “border with butterflies and flowers, it also gives a little teal to brighten the quilt. It is however a busy fabric and so I am using this nice yellow gingham to “disappear” between the stars.
3. Snowball Donation Quilt – This is almost a flimsy already!!!! October is donation month at our local quilt guild. This was a “kit” that I sewed up and need to quilt before the next meeting ready for donation 🙂
1. Baby J’s Quilt –
I used my X Blocks tool and a little math to create this for baby J. I wanted to show more of the turtles and less black so instead of using 3 2 ½ inch strips I adjusted it and used one of the marked lines to line it up for cutting, I got the effect I desired of the diamond shape in two-tone by cutting the strips with dark green with the template right side up, the lighter green with the template wrong side up.
I had purchased all the turtle fabric that the store had but when I saw these rows, despite my mathematical adjustments I was still a little sad that the turtles were not prominent. So after a quick google search I was able to find more of both the turtle fabric and black fabric online and hey presto! It was in my cart lol!
2 (and 3).New YearsDay Mystery Quilts (One straight, one on point) –
Quilting is finished!!! both quilts are off the frame with binding prepped…. I just need to trim and bind them!
- Pink/Purple Bonu HST’s
2. Pink/white/red leftovers from A’s quilt
3. Peach/brown leftovers from a friends quilt
4. Pink/gold leftovers from a recent project
5. Blue/orange/green leftovers from J’s quilt
6. Flower Baskets (Table runner/Placemats?)
7. Christmas BOM (from LQS)
8. Live, Laugh, Love Wall hanging
9. Leftover Frivols #1
- Frivols Club #1 – Is now a flimsy!!!! Do I get extra points for it already being on the frame too???
2. J’s Quilt – Backing and label are ready, binding is prepped, matching pillowcase has been completed, It will be next on the frame (after the donation quilt lol!)
No photos to show but I did complete 2 dresses, a skirt and tunic, 2 pairs of pant/skirt combos and one pair of pants for little R and Little M 🙂